Monday 4 May 2015

Prints-peration with Bon Marche

*Post in collaboration with Bon Marche.

With spring in the air and the sun finally making an appearance, I've felt my energy levels rise and a smile on my face is a regular occurrence. Recently, Bon Marche challenged me to make a print photo diary with my print inspirations. So using photos from my recent travels and some of my favourite prints from Bon Marche, I did what I do best - collages!

Floral
All items are available at Bon Marche

Florals for Spring? Groundbreaking... (had to slip in a Devil Wears Prada reference in!) I love florals as they're so easy to wear and they're an excellent way of adding some splashes of colour to your wardrobe. Plus, flowers are everywhere so there is always inspiration to hand. The main floral this time of year being the pink blossom you see all over Instagram. The blue tunic takes the blossom from the tree into your wardrobe. I'd wear this with leggings and sandals for a fuss free outfit. 

tribal
All items are available at Bon Marche

I've always been a fan of tribal and aztec prints and you can find them scattered through my wardrobe. Perfect for summer and always a reminder of holidays past and holidays to come. Inspiration always comes from browsing through my photos from those sun soaked days. I'm so in love with the black and white tribal blouse - the tie at the front is a cute touch. I'd wear it with my denim shorts or maybe even my black pleated maxi skirt if I needed to cover up. 

Tropical
All items are available at Bon Marche

Tropical and jungle prints are all over the high street at the moment. Every shop window I pass, I get inspired. It makes me want to visit Disney's Animal Kingdom again (I couldn't deal with a real jungle - such a scaredy cat!) and take photos of all the exotic plants and animals. I'm really into kimonos at the moment - they're perfect for the office. And this Purple tropical print number is a winner. I'd wear it with a vest, skinny jeans, wedges and a statement necklace. 

Prints are everywhere, I love looking out for them and they give me loads of ideas for incorporating them in my wardrobe. I'm trying to phase out the amount of black I wear as I'm really bored and want to have a colourful wardrobe that's fun to wear. So thanks Bon Marche for giving me the kick to go find some interesting pieces to invest in! 

Where do you find Printsperation?

No comments:

Post a Comment