Friday 20 February 2015

Depop - The purge begins!

Screen Shot 2015-02-19 at 19.36.10

So I finally stopped beating around the bush and as of yesterday I officially started purging my clothes. I originally thought of eBay but I think I'll save that for the vintage stock I have left over from my Afflecks days. For the wardrobe purge of 2015, I am giving Depop a go after seeing it on other blogs over the last year.

Depop is an app where it is super easy to sell your clothes. Just take a photo, put in a description & all the info, link to your paypal account and publish. Anyone can take a look and buy if they're interested. Best of all, it's free. I like the idea of being able to put fixed price on your items but the one downside is that there's no time limit. This stuff could be sitting there for months if no one wants it. But I guess it's all about putting up quality items and using social media to your advantage.

IMG_1270
One of my 2015 goals is to organise and one of my 30 before 30 goals is to create a capsule wardrobe so this is helping me get there. As well as losing over 2 stone in the 18 months, I'm just tired of looking at the same things on my rail (I haven't had a wardrobe since first year of uni). I feel like my clothes haven't changed much in the last 3/4 years - I however, have. So a couple of nights ago I bit the bullet and stood in front of my clothes. Everything that I both loved and still fit got a piece of pink washi tape around the hanger. Everything else goes. And that's a lot of stuff.

I'm starting slow where I'm going to put up a few pieces a day - fingers crossed it sells. Any money I make is going into my new wardrobe fund. I'm not left with much at all so there's plenty of work to do in the shopping department. Check out my page.

Are you on Depop? Link me to your page. If not, have you heard of it?


No comments:

Post a Comment