Sunday 8 February 2015

Banana Fritters

IMG_1124

While sorting out my dressing room earlier this week I finally found all the slimming world recipes I had ripped from the magazines. Having to cook meals from memory since November has been a bit of a challenge and I really feel that has swayed us trying to eat healthy so it's such a relief to have found them. 

In celebration, I decided to attempt one of the recipes I hadn't tried before: Banana Fritters. After making them this morning and testing them out on Topher, I'm happy to say they were a success so here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
3 bananas
2 eggs
25g self raising flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sweetner
Frylight
2 level tsp icing sugar (to dust)

1. Peel the bananas and chop into a large bowl & mash (recipe says use a fork but I just used a masher). Add the eggs, flour, cinnamon and sweeter and beat well.

2. Place a large frying pan sprayed with Firelight over a medium heat. Drop heaped teaspoons of the mixture into the frying pan and cook for 2 minutes each side or until the fritter is golden and cooked through. Depending on how many you're making (either 12 small ones or 6 medium ones) you will have to make them in batches so keep the ones you've done on a covered plate to keep warm. 

3. Once all are cooked, serve with a dust of icing sugar and a smile! If you're having this for breakfast then a cup of steaming coffee doesn't go a miss!

Have you ever made fritters? What are your favourite recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment