Saturday 17 January 2015

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - The Extension

DSC03442

The final Florida post. One of the things I was most looking forward to while in Florida was visiting the new extension of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios. I'm happy to say it was amazing and it was so much bigger than I thought it would be. 

So it's time to photobomb you now!


DSC03388

Riding the Hogwarts Express was awesome! In case you don't know, you need a park to park ticket to ride the train. This is because the London/Diagon Alley side is in Universal Studios and the Hogsmeade/Hogwarts side is in the park next door, Islands of Adventure. So yes it costs extra to ride the train, very clever Universal!

So as we've seen the Hogsmeade side before, we mainly spent our time in the Diagon Alley section. There's a new ride and lots of new shops.

DSC03445

Fun fact: They now serve hot butterbeer in the new expansion. Finally! As a true fan, I have been saying for years that butterbeer must be hot. Taking my first sip, I knew this was the most amazing drink ever. (Note: You probably won't be a fan if you're not a sweet tooth!) I could drink this all day.

DSC03451

DSC03462

DSC03483

Between browsing the shops we decided to try the new Gringotts ride which I really enjoyed. Those who got a little motion sick on the Forbidden Journey will enjoy this more as you don't get tipped around as much. You're just on a track which is more traditional but there is still a 3D screen in some places. I would recommend it!

DSC03491

DSC03494

DSC03497

I loved walking through the colourful streets. Why is the UK so grey and red? 

DSC03504

DSC03508

DSC03522

We had lunch in the Leaky Cauldron which was cool but I have to admit that I prefer the food in the Three Broomsticks on the Hogsmeade side. Also if you're looking for a diet coke you won't find it in the Leaky Cauldron as my brother discovered. Wizard drinks only - sorry muggles! I personally loved trying all the new drinks but Pumpkin juice still remains my favourite (besides butterbeer of course).

DSC03533

There's lots of sausage dishes (bangers and mash, toad in the hole etc) so maybe that's why I didn't enjoy it as much. I had the lamb stew the first day and fish and chips the second. Both nice but I'm more partial to the rotisserie chicken. 

DSC03536

After lunch the next stop was the ice cream parlour where you could actually get butterbeer ice-cream! I liked the taste but as it was soft scoop and they give you loads, it got a bit sickly after awhile. I really enjoyed the earl grey and lavender hard scoop ice cream (much nicer than it sounds) as it was really light and unusual. Topher enjoyed the sticky toffee pudding and also the salted caramel blondie. 

IMG_0995

DSC03539

I never get tired of looking at Hogwarts. Will be back soon I promise!

DSC03541

No comments:

Post a Comment