Thursday 1 January 2015

2015 Goals

DSC03351

Happy New Year! I hope you had a great evening whether it was out partying or chilling out at home. This year as I'm currently in Florida we went to Hollywood Studios which was really fun and had amazing fireworks at midnight. 

DSC03358

So now that the night is over and I've had a good night's sleep, it's time to think about the year ahead. I prefer to call my resolutions "goals" where I specify what I want to achieve by cutting it down into sizeable chunks. Apparently the more vague you are about your resolutions, the more likely you are to give up by January 31st. Here are mine for 2015:

1. Get to my target weight.
I'm still about a stone (and a half probably after this holiday!) away from my target and I really want to get there by the end of the year. In 2014 I started really well but when I left my London group and moved to Peterborough I really lost my motivation and stayed the same for the second half of the year. I'm going to reach my target by attending my Manchester Slimming World group every week and finding more healthy recipes I enjoy so I can get my motivation back. I think putting weight on while away gives me the kick start I need to throw myself back into the plan. Lets do this!

2. Create my ideal wardrobe.
This goes hand in hand with my first goal. As I've been losing weight I've been shrinking out of my clothes. Some clothes I loved and some I don't mind saying goodbye to. To be able to afford a new wardrobe, first I need to sell everything that doesn't fit anymore on eBay. This is a monster task but a necessary one to get my dream wardrobe. When I've done this and am able to buy clothes I need to only pick things I love and make sure I've got all the basics. I've never been completely happy with my whole wardrobe so fingers crossed by the end of the year I've got one that ticks the boxes. 

3. Save money.
My ultimate goal is to have a house deposit by the end of the year. Again a massive task but one I really want to achieve. Even if I'm not quite there by the deadline, I know I will be better off then where I was at the start of the year. So to do this I'm going to put aside money every month from my pay cheque to make the bulk of the saving. As for topping up the monthly saving, I'm going to look at my expenses to see where I can save money. For a start our food shop is something that can definitely be decreased. Making meal plans and a list that we stick to will definitely help. Also I want to see if I can make a little bit of money on the side. This will require some research so - to the internet!

4. Grow my blog 
I love my little blog and I really want to take it more serious this year. This means new design, new attitude and kicking things up a notch. I want to get more involved in the community which I did start last year but I hope to do more of. So I'm going to join communities, make an effort to go to events and chat more with people on twitter. And with the blog, I'm currently incorporating a new design and am setting up an editorial calendar so I don't end up with gaps like I did last year. One major thing I do is read lots of advice so my knowledge is quite extensive, but I don't implement it. I just sit there doing nothing. So this year is the year of action. Do all the things I've planned on doing.

5. Get organised. 
Specifically, my house and myself. I need to finish unpacking and add some homely touches to our new house. We're actually planning on spending at least a year in this house and we're not moving again until we buy so it's time to make this place feel like home. I want to get all my paperwork organised and set up alerts on my phone so I don't ever forget to pay a bill or put things off like hoovering. And I have to tackle the scary things I've been avoiding for the better part of a decade due to moving like visiting a doctor and signing up with a dentist. Shiver. It has to be done. 

IMG_0930
If you've managed to read this far then well done you! Gold star!

What are your goals for 2015?


No comments:

Post a Comment