Wednesday 22 October 2014

Nomad seeks another home

IMG_0136

So...two and a half weeks. *Awkwardly shuffles from one foot to the other* Yeah, about that...

This has been an interesting month. A continuation of my zombie-like state which I was rudely awakened from this morning when I had a minor accident with my car. Both me and the car are fine, I can't say as much for one of my tyres though. Ribbons.

Anyway, the last couple of weeks have been pretty busy and I am truly exhausted. As of this month I had started driving down to London everyday for work. Yes, from Peterborough. I don't recommend that. Getting up at 5am everyday, having a 4-6 hour round trip as well as the usual 8 hour working day is enough to drive anyone loony. Not to mention that we're so short staffed at work that I'm doing about 3 people's jobs. I haven't felt like myself at all. I'm not blogging, not taking photos, not doing anything. All I want to do when I get home from work is eat and go to sleep. That's not really much of a life is it?

So on the 10th this month, I handed in my notice at my job. Then a few days later I handed in my notice on my flat. I'm getting out of here. The last week or so has been spent accepting a job offer and applying to rent a very lovely house. Where are we going? Topher and I decided that the south is not for us so we are heading to pastures north. 

It's time to go home. To Manchester, the city where Topher is from, where I went to university and where we met. The only place that I have ever clung on to and now I see that it was for good reason. We both decided that in order for us to be truly happy, we needed to be somewhere that we could make a life for ourselves. 

Even though I'm completely shattered and totally broke, I can't stop smiling because I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. This time next month, I'll be home. 

Normal blogging will resume this week I'm hoping. 

So how are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment