Friday 19 September 2014

Dollys Tea Room & Wine Bar - Falmouth

DSC02527

Since we arrived in Falmouth I had been craving a cream tea. When Emma and I were perusing the high street we spotted this gem called Dolly's Tea Room and Wine Bar and vowed to return during our stay. Sure enough, Topher booked the four of us a table for Saturday and I was giddy with excitement. Yes I get that excited about scones. 

DSC02685

DSC02686

DSC02684

DSC02653

DSC02654

I adore the decor of this place! The upstairs room is bright and airy with high ceiling and the whole place has a great vintage vibe. 

DSC02657

DSC02665

DSC02668

Spoiled for choice I decided to treat myself (after all, I was on holiday) and went with the luxury English tea. This included a pot of tea, a scone with jam and clotted cream, smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwiches and a slice of cake. This was all for the sum of £14 which I don't think is bad at all considering the amount of food you were getting. I was completely stuffed afterwards. If you just fancy a scone with jam and clotted cream and some tea, it's only £4. Now that is a bargain.  

DSC02669

DSC02674

DSC02675

DSC02676

When it came to the slice of cake, you had a choice and I decided to go out of my comfort zone and try the lavender and treacle tart. Unusual but delicious!

DSC02680

DSC02682
We all had a lovely time and I would definitely recommend Dollys if you're ever in Falmouth. I only regret that we didn't have enough time to come back in the evening when it turns into a wine bar. Maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment