Thursday 21 August 2014

Is it just me? The festival edition

kornhaber_coachella double dates reuters full

Is it just me? I don't do festivals. It's just not my thing. I don't consider myself a big enough music fan to spend money that could otherwise go on a holiday. Even just for the experience. Just because every one else is doing it, why should I?

I'm no diva - I don't consider myself high maintenance at all but I really don't fancy roughing it. I did plenty of camping as a child and a teen and feel like I got my fill. I don't fancy it now - I like having my creature comforts thank you very much.

As for the festival fashion, there is a reasonable portion which is pretty cool but I do find myself rolling my eyes at the short shorts that show off your bum cheeks. 


lovebox-festival-2013-bum-cheeks10

And those flower bands worn around your head so your hair sticks up weird. Not to mention the orange people (oh the orange people). I sound like a proper grandma don't I?

rlk456-l-610x610-sunglasses-hipster-girls-floral-headband-rollingstone-jean-shorts-festival-shirt-jewels-hat-t-shirt-rolling-stones-band-t-shirt-hippie-boho-flowercrown-shorts-summer-fashion-summer-1

I guess it reminds me of those cheap package holidays to islands full of people looking to spend their time drinking and hooking up. That's the kind of holiday people my age (not all, just a proportion) like to go on. 


funny-music-festival-14

And of course there is the inevitable British weather. Yeah not my idea of fun. 

pa-13869708

I know festivals aren't all the same, there are some pretty good ones out there but I'm just not a fan. Everyone has their own tastes. You can keep your festivals, I'd rather go to Disney World like the grown up I am. 

How about you? Are you a festival person?

1 comment:

  1. I went to my first festival in June and I had the time of my life...but that's because the weather held out :)

    ReplyDelete