Tuesday 15 July 2014

Car boot finds

DSC01917

It's been awhile since I've attended a car boot and how I've missed them! You do tend to find a lot of tat, but half the fun is sifting through it in search of a treasure. For the last month or so, I've been reading about other bloggers car boots finds and it's had me craving a good rummage for some loot. 

DSC01919

So Topher and I set off to the boots this past weekend and found some lovely treasures. First, this plate to add to my collection. The fish and chips illustration caught my eye and it was mine for 50p!

DSC01922

Next this charm bracelet that had me wondering about the previous owner. With a lot of London charms, the owner must have either loved or longed to visit the city. There is also a cowboy boot and a number 7 - therefore my mind immediately thought of a Texan who longed to visit London. What's your theory?

DSC01927

I also found these Whiskey and Sherry charms which I've seen around online before. I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with these. Maybe turn them into necklaces? They're a bit tarnished but I think that adds to the charm of them. 

DSC01930

Finally, this Eiffel Tower brooch. It caught my eye as the eiffel tower is actually 3D - it was a nice detail. Another 50p well spent.

DSC01932

Have you been to a car boot sale lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment