Sunday 27 April 2014

Bank Holiday Weekend

Why can't every weekend be four days? Even three days would be amazing. For the Easter weekend my old housemate Claire and her boyfriend Steve graced the bf and I with their presence. Time to be tourists in our own city.

Friday we took it easy and watched Frozen at our flat. We had all seen it before apart from the bf. He loves it now too, especially the Duke of Weseltown. My favourite is still Olaf's song.

On Saturday our destination was Borough Market. Damn that place was busy. We bought some food and fled to the garden next to the Cathedral.

IMG_4285

I had a dosa which tasted just like the ones I ate in India. Yum!

IMG_4290 2

And the others had pies from Pieminister. They were very filling and delicious I was told. 


IMG_4283
Afterwards, Claire and I ducked back into the market to score some Sangria. 

IMG_4289
Then we walked along the Southbank. 

IMG_4291

Sunday we took it easy - plus it was chucking it down. We had a roast at the pub then went back to our flat to play board games.

IMG_4294

Then finally Monday was proper tourist day. Claire and Steve wanted to visit the Tower of London. Topher was working so off the three of us went. I've been to the Tower of London before but that was at least 15 years ago and all I remember were the crown jewels. 

IMG_4296

As it was the Queen's 88th birthday that day, there was to be a gun salute. Unfortunately we missed that as it was raining and we hadn't dressed appropriately so we fled inside. 

IMG_4298
Derp

This guy below actually shook his head as there was a bee on his hat!

IMG_4300

Then it was time for the obligatory selfies in front of Tower Bridge.

IMG_4311

IMG_4314

Then there was the gift shop. When Claire was searching for postcards, I couldn't help myself and bought these two below. So cute! I think I'll frame them to hang up wherever we live next. 

IMG_4316

How was your bank holiday weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment