Monday 14 April 2014

Aqaba: Tala Bay

On quite an overcast day we made the 4 hour drive down the the south coast of Jordan for the first time in over 24 years. Tala Bay near Aqaba was our destination.

DSC01088

DSC01084

We stayed at the Movenpick hotel and it was amazing.

IMG_4182
I stepped foot in the sea for the first time in about 5 years (cold!).

IMG_4183

And relaxed by the pool while reading my maahoosive book (which I finished that week).

IMG_4185

Isn't that a sight for sore eyes?

IMG_4190

IMG_4192

IMG_4195

Wandering around the other resorts, I fell in love with this view. The combination of the colourful trees and the tiled staircases. So pretty.

IMG_4203

We only ventured into Aqaba city for dinner both nights so the days were spent in complete relaxation by the pool. I don't think I could do two weeks of that as I'm more of an active holidayer, but two nights was perfect. Next stop, Wadi Rum. The adventure begins.

Do you prefer active holidays or relaxing ones?


No comments:

Post a Comment