Monday 31 March 2014

Welcome to Jordan

When my alarm woke me at 5am on Saturday I covered my head with my duvet. Why oh why did I stay out late last night? It was one of the girls at work's leaving party and I had promised myself I would leave at 10pm. Latest. You have a flight to catch in the morning Diane, you're being picked up at 6am and still need to wrestle your evening dresses into your overflowing suitcase. I blame the person who bought another bottle of champagne. 

IMG_3962
So was it worth it? Totally. I had a great time and still successfully caught my flight that morning.Win.

I have been coming to Jordan every summer to visit my family since before I can remember and apparently it's been over 20 years since we last came in the month of April. I couldn't believe my eyes as we drove out of the airport. So green!

IMG_3980

That evening, loads of the family came round and we had mezze. Damn I missed this food!

IMG_3998

The next day, we headed out and I spotted these beauties along our travels!

IMG_4033

IMG_4034

IMG_4047

IMG_4037

Welcome to Amman, Jordan.

Have you ever been?

2 comments:

  1. I've never been outside of the US. I'm so not worldly! :(
    Jordan looks beautiful and the food looks delicious!
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not too surprised about people not going outside the US as it's so big and there's so much to see :) One day I'm going to drive across it! x

      Delete