Monday 17 March 2014

Pinned it Made it and Lotts & Lots

Another month, another Pinned it Made it event. You would think with working with jewellery in both my day job and my little Etsy shop I'd be sick of the sight of it but I just can't get enough. I'm really interested in learning new techniques so when I heard Charlotte from Lotts and Lots would be showing us how to make her gorgeous beaded jewellery, I had to get myself a ticket.

Apologies for the dodgy phone photos!


IMG_3807

After getting ourselves some drinks and having a bit of a natter, we were called around the bead table where Charlotte explained how to make a beaded statement necklace.  

IMG_3808

We were then let loose on the bead table. I have to say it was really overwhelming picking beads - there were so many pretties to choose from. Too much pressure!

IMG_3809

IMG_3810

After this point I didn't take many "during" photos as I needed to catch up. My indecisiveness stepped in when picking beads and I ended up being the last person at the bead table! 

IMG_3811

The general idea was to have 2 chains as kind of like a skeleton and then you thread the beads onto the wire and the chain....see this is why I'm not the teacher. Charlotte does loads of tutorials on her blog so if you fancy making something like this or even just like looking at pretty jewellery then definitely go take a look here

IMG_3812

Take a look at my finished necklace:

IMG_3815

I'm definitely going to be giving this a try again. It's really opened my eyes to beading. Anyone know any good bead shops in London?

Thanks to Pinned it Made it & Lotts & Lots! It was an amazing night. 

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing invent! This looks amazing..!

    Kelly from | Daydreams & Daisychains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was. Charlotte does loads of these workshops so it's definitely worth a look :) x

      Delete