Monday 3 February 2014

A weekend of food = Food Coma

It's not every weekend when I get three meals out, but this last one had my calendar full. 

First stop was Cabana: Brasilian Barbecue on the Friday with my parents. We needed food after shopping for a dress for me to wear at my cousin's wedding (mission accomplished btw). 

IMG_3032

I loved the decor

IMG_3033

IMG_3034

IMG_3036
My mum opted for the garlic chicken which by far looked the best out of our three meals.

IMG_3037
My dad had the burger

IMG_3038
And I had the steak and sweet potato fries. 

Overall we were left a bit underwhelmed by the food. The sweet potato fries were more fry than sweet potato if that makes sense. I couldn't taste much sweet potato at all. I had also asked for a medium rare steak which as you can see in the photo was pretty much cremated. 

If I wasn't to be weighed the next morning I think we would have gotten some of the street food as that looked pretty good. Hopefully it was just bad luck for us that evening - we went to the Westfield branch. 

On Saturday morning, it was time for Slimming World and since it was the first meeting of the month that means tasting. Basically everyone brings in something that is free or low syn and everyone chows down. Delicious! I got to try lots of new things and learn new recipes which I have already started putting into practise. (And I lost 2lbs! Getting closer to 2st!)

IMG_3044

For lunch with the family and the bf we went to Las Iguanas. I have been a few times before and have always enjoyed the Latin food.

IMG_3046
I had the Xim Xim chicken which is chicken in a peanut, coconut and crayfish sauce. Yum!

IMG_3047
The bf had an enchilada. 

IMG_3048
And my mum and cousin both had fajitas. 

IMG_3049
Even though we were pretty full, the bf and I managed to force ourselves to share a cheesecake!

Then finally on the Sunday, the bf and I went to our old favourite Yo Sushi for lunch. 

IMG_3063

Now if you go on a Sunday they have an offer called Sunday Munch where you can get 10 plates for £20 each. But everyone in your party has to do it. We didn't realise that, so had to get some extra plates to get it up to 20. It was either pay £44 for 14 plates or £40 for 20. Topher clapped his hands and said "Challenge excepted". 

I have never had so much sushi in my life! Don't do this offer/challenge unless you have the stomach (literally) for it. Even the bf was struggling by the end. 

IMG_3064
Serious food coma faces! I wanted to curl up and die.

One (or maybe two) of the 20 plates we had was chocolate mochi. Which is described as "Soft Japanese rice cake ball filled with dark chocolate ganache filling"

IMG_3060
Seriously you need to try these. They are amazing!

Then we made a wandering, waddling pilgrimage to Laduree in Harrods. Yes this is straight after the sushi, but it was part of my plan all day and they were to be saved for later! Because no matter how full we were, we'll always be hungry later!

IMG_3066
IMG_3067
Raspberry gold leaf macaroon

After seeing these on Carrie's Wish Wish Wish, I needed one. Luckily they had one left when we got there! Definitely the first time I've eaten gold.

IMG_3069
Yum!

And now that the weekend is over, I'm back onto the slimming world plan for the week ahead!

When's the last time you were in a food coma?

No comments:

Post a Comment