Wednesday 1 January 2014

2014 Goals

Happy New Year everyone! 

IMG_2664 2

I hope you're all not feeling too fragile after last night. Me and the bf had a quiet night in and enjoyed the fireworks that we could see all around our building. Magical. 

So, now that it's 2014 its goal making time!

1. Keep going with Slimming World and get to my target weight. 

I'm loving Slimming World so far and can already see a big difference with clothes fitting better. I can get into my old dresses I used to wear when I started this blog 2 years ago, and even better I've now started fitting into size 12 clothes! This is huge since it's been 5 years since I could fit in a 12. 

 I've been enjoying cooking the recipes and am hoping to feature a few of them on here. It doesn't matter if you're on the plan or not - they are still damn tasty. So this year I just want to get to my target weight and stay there. Full steam ahead!

2. Make a life in London.

We've been in London for about 3 or 4 months now and it's been great so far. I just want to get some roots. So this year I want to explore the city, make friends and have fun. It would be great to be a part of the blogging community down here and I also want to get more of a permanent home. 

So to make this happen I'm going to make an effort to go to events and chat with other bloggers, find a nice place to live and plan lots of days out for the bf and I. 

3. 365 project

I've been wanting to do this for the last couple of years but have never got past January. So this year is going to be the year. I want to take a photo a day for the next year and make it into a calendar. Kind of like this one below from A Beautiful Mess, only with days instead of months. 

6a00d8358081ff69e20162fea88ff7970d-800wi

4. Do at least one outfit post a month

I need to get more confident with this kind of thing. I made a few baby steps last year by actually showing my face a few times. This year I want to do some outfit photos where you can see my whole body and I'm not holding the camera like below!

DSC00688

Unfortunately, that means I may have to pass the camera over to the bf...who is rather famous for his out of focus, fingers covering the lens and lucky if you get the whole subject in the frame shots, ha ha. We'll have to see about that!

5. Work hard on my blog and shop. 

I'll be the first to admit that I lost my mojo last year, especially in the middle of the year. But 2014 when it all gets back on track. In order to make this happen, I've joined Rosalilium's Big Blogging Bootcamp e-course and really have hope that this will get me into gear for the new year (yep, that was a rhyme and no I'm not sorry). 

Screen Shot 2014-01-01 at 14.16.45


As for Random Quirks, I've got my creative juices flowing (not as messy as it sounds!) and have plenty of ideas for new products. I want to make this the best year yet by going back to basics and focusing what I'm best at. 

6. Save some money

Moving is expensive. Though I know I'm lucky to have savings at all, I was pretty upset that I had to dip into them so much last year. Now that both me and the bf are working, we've figured out a plan to put some money aside each month for savings and also for a holiday fund. We're tired of being so budgeted when we go on holiday and look forward to having one where we don't have to scrape so much. 

As for the savings, they've always had house deposit written all over it. It'll take a few years but I'm determined to get there. Maybe by the time I'm 30. That gives me 4 and a half years. So by the end of this year I want to have saved a good chunk. Lets do it!

And those are my goals for 2014. Doable I think.

What are your 2014 goals? Link me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment