Monday 11 November 2013

Pieces of home

Now that me and the bf have settled in a bit into our flat, here's some little snippets of our home.

DSC00619

"Some like it hot" is definitely in my top 5 favourite films of all time so I had to have this when I saw it at Vintage Village. And yes we are complete children - the soft toys have to be displayed.

DSC00633

I've been looking of one of these little shelf things to display my travel bits and pieces for years. Spotted this one a couple of weeks ago and am loving the bright happy colours. The frame next to it was a car boot find that I painted with chalkboard paint. Now all I need is the chalk and to decide what colour to paint the frame. Just seen is our table cloth that you may or may not recognise as the fitting room curtain from my old Afflecks shop. Reduce, reuse, recycle.

DSC00641

I love this rug. It was bought in Egypt and has been in my family over 20 years. Bright colours are awesome :)

DSC00643

My bargain of a vintage magazine rack from Vintage Village. 

DSC00645

Another Vintage Village find; Percy the biscuit jar penguin. I love him even though he can be a bit creepy at times. This marmite tin was a TKMaxx find which me and the bf both adore. Me because of the pretty pastel colours and him because he loves marmite. 

DSC00649

My ever expanding jewellery collection. 

It really is the little things. What makes your house a home? 

No comments:

Post a Comment