Tuesday 7 August 2012

Top picks: Week 17

For my top picks this week I started at River Island...and never left. I can't believe it was only a couple of years ago that I had never considered it as a shop I would like.

top picks river island
EDIT: There are links to these items below - just hover your mouse over the name of the item. For some reason you can't see them unless your mouse is on it.

The grey 2 in 1 dress is definitely in the "I would have to see it in person" category. I really like the idea of it, it looks like it would fit me well and the skirt part isn't too short. But it's the fabrics that are making me hesitate. 

I think the style of this cream studded collar cami is really cute. I'm not much of a cami person but I think I would have to make an exception for this. Plus, I think on a hot day you could pull it off quite nicely with a fitted blazer for work.

The size of the black cord tote bag looks the perfect size for a laptop. My ultimate bag size. This may have to sneak into my house! Shh, don't tell the bf! 

I really like these laser cut skull earrings (so cool) but it doesn't say the size of them anywhere. That makes them another to add to the list of "I would have to see it in person". I would want them reasonably big but not massive. 

The simplicity of the safety pin earrings make them a winner in my world. And for only a fiver you can't really go wrong. Very chic meets punky.

I seriously need a decent pair of black ankle boots. I currently only have a tan pair from new look which I wore at Christmas here. So a black pair would be an ultimate staple in my wardrobe. I like that the heel on these are small and chunky so I could definitely wear them all day and the gold zip doesn't make them look too plain. Perfect for Autumn. Now when is my next pay day...

What brand have you always avoided? Do you think you would ever change your mind?

Disclaimer: I have not been asked to write this review - I just like River Island! 

2 comments:

  1. The skull earrings look cute! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope they're a good size! Definitely investigating :) x

      Delete