Tuesday 22 May 2012

Top picks: week 10

In honour of the heatwave that has hit the UK for the week, I decided to concentrate on sandals for my top picks this week. I actually decided to do sandals for this week just under a week ago not knowing a thing about the coming weather. Psychic no?

IMG_0013

So after the demise of my tan sandals last year, I need a new pair to live in this summer. I already have a black pair that survived, but I need something lighter that will go with more. As much as I loved my tan sandals last year, I must try and avoid full on gladiators as when I went on holiday to Portugal I came back with "tiger feet". Pretty funny, but not so much two years in a row!

Yes I know the Aldo ones won't go with everything but aren't they pretty? I just adore the contrasting colours. I've been seeing them everywhere the last 6 months and the only two things that were stopping me were the price (though they are on sale now!) and the fact that the style may be too simple for my size 7 man feet. Ah well, I'll just look and sigh.

I had to pick the Miss Selfridge ones even though they're technically more of a pump then a sandal - I just love the detail. They look so classic and the colour would go with all my summer dresses. I literally live in sundresses all summer.

The winner for me is definitely the ASOS leather sandals. They just tick all the boxes. The colour, the style and the fact that they look just like a flat version of a pair of wedges I have. My feet are kinda wide though and since it's ASOS I would have to take a gamble and hope they fit properly. I guess I could always return them, right?

What is your "go to" sandal style?

2 comments:

  1. I love sandals, I really want those Topshop ones!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. My feet enjoy the freedom. I can't resist anything with bows on at the moment :) x

      Delete