Monday 7 May 2012

My week 18

A bit delayed but I needed a day to recover from the vintage fair on Saturday which was amazing. Due to my new camera and my laptop not getting along very well, I can't share any photos from it yet but I promise I'll get some up soon. Anyway, the photos from my iPhone are here so here's my week:

Image copy
Image
*Went to the Manchester Fashion Network talk "Making it on your own" - very interesting!
*The happy skirt of happiness!
*Axl really likes bags.
*Love spending my lunch breaks at work on my iPad reading blogs. Chills me out instantly.
*Love this shirt that I got in Florida (see it here).
*Grey grey weather this week. Come on summer, hurry up!
*Nessie sucking on the side of the fish tank. This guy is massive!
*I am very proud that I only bought one thing at the vintage fair on Saturday and it was this amazing necklace. I am in love with it as I've never seen anything like it. And it was only £5. Will properly show it off when my camera and laptop kiss and make up. 

The two high points of this week were definitely the MFN talk and the vintage fair. This is what I want to be doing all the time. I learned loads at the talk from the three panelists who all had started their own businesses and can't wait to put it all into practise with my own business. Inspiring. As for the vintage fair, I had a blast. The atmosphere, the people, the music - I loved it. It's such a great confidence booster seeing people admire and buy things you've put a lot of thought into making and picking out. It's amazing selling your stuff face to face. This is what I want to do. I can't wait to share the photos with you. 

How was your week?

4 comments:

  1. I am seriously drooling over that necklace. It has to be one of the cutest things I have ever seen. I would love to get my hands on one. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw it I had to have it. Will have to dig out the business card of the stall I got it from. :) x

      Delete
  2. I agree-the necklace is beautiful! Looking forward to seeing the vintage fair photos xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I may have to convince the bf to upload the pics for me, ha ha :) x

      Delete